Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ball Player sculpture (in progress)





Last night as I climbed into bed, I was going through my sketch book and came across my "Ol time ball player" drawings and thought, "I should really do a sculpture of these guys". I grabbed a gob of sculpey clay and started smashing it around..it felt great. My wife fell asleep so I kept sculpting in bed, making a mess, until I finished this a few hours later.

I don't know what it is..I feel I have to make stuff lately. My productivity for 2007 has been very low and I swear my insides are responding by screaming for me to create more stuff. (Note to my insides: "Max will be in day care soon, so relax until then and stop keeping me up at night making crazy sculptures until all hours"...)

It was too fun though..maybe I'll consider sleeping more after I'm dead. For now, here are a few photos of the sculp in progress. I'm going to smooth out the surface and eventually paint him.

I'm going to post the original sketch I used as reference too.

No comments: