Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Patience

Here is another 6x8" oil painting I'm calling "Patience". This is currently on the wall of The Art House Gallery
on Cape Cod.

It was painted fairly quickly for me..there was a point where I was standing before it with my brush, looking for the next spot to paint and I realized it was done. It's always been hard for me to decide when a painting is complete, I've ruined many by over working them. The great painter William Merritt Chase once said, "It takes two to paint. One to paint, the other to stand by with an axe to kill him before he spoils it."

3 comments:

Robert Squier said...

That's a great quote! Tess turned me on to your work. I spent a good part of the morning perusing your blog (don't tell my boss). Your work is outstanding. Really admire your illustrations for the children's market.

michelle said...

Your paintings are lovely. I especially admire the broken color you've achieved.

Todd Bonita said...

Robert and Michelle,
thanks a million, seriously. It's always good to get the ego stroked..particularly by two talented folks like yourselves.
All the best,
Todd