Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Lake


This is another one of the Larger (large for me) paintings I recently finished and am just getting around to photographing and posting. I called this "The lake", it is 18x24" oil on canvas.

I'm looking forward to the spring and summer to get out to the lakes and do more paintings of the shallows and shores. The variety of colors and textures in lake water imagery is stunning and makes for endless subject matter.

For me, this paintings success relied on depicting the rocky shallow water and getting those beautifully rich, earthy colors that make it distinct.

2 comments:

Edward B. Gordon said...

stunning the reflection in the water, fantastic, a very happy 2009 to you too my friend

best Edward

Holly Van Hart said...

Todd, this has a very peaceful feeling. i love the reflections and the rocks. Holly