Saturday, November 09, 2013

Plein air painting with the Dirty Eleven


Todays post is cut and pasted from the blog of my good friend and mentor, Donald Jurney.  With his permission, I have simply reposted his post from a mid October outdoor painting outing trip with eleven scalliwags.  I must tell you that I derive great energy from being around other painters, I love the cameraderie, talking shop and all the nonsense that goes with it.  Donald invited not only some good natured fellows but some damn talented painters...I was in my glory and am looking forward to the next outing.  I wanted to post this simply as a record of the memory.  A thousand thank you's to my good friend Donald for putting this together and thinking of me.  You are indeed one of the good ones my friend....Here is the post as it appears on Donalds blog:

The Dirty Eleven

Riparian Fellowship

Eleven painting friends convened at Deer Island today, in the middle of the Merrimack River between Newburyport and Amesbury, Massachusetts, for some fresh air, laughter and, yes, some painting.  Thanks to Todd Bonita there were plenteous muffins and, thanks to Tom Bailey, a vat of hot java.

There was river fog to begin, but soon it brightened up, becoming a sunny day at 72 degrees. Here's a photo of the view downstream, toward the ocean.


And a photo of the assembled group...

L-R, Back Row: Barrett McDevitt, Stan Moeller, Frank Hyer, DJ, Tom Bailey. L-R, front row: Brent Rosko, Alastair Dacey, Chris Volpe, Todd Bonita, Nick Corvinus, Mike Dorsey

 
Barrett, Stan, a sliver of Tom, DJ....all hard at work

Todd, Frank, Barrett, Chris, and a sliver of Stan...all equally hard at work.
Mike, Chris, Tom, DJ, Brent?, and Alastair, discussing the meaning of life.   

Todd demonstrating that real men aren't bothered by high tide
Mike
Barrett

Stan
Chris and Alastair
 
Tom


Frank
What's His Name
Nick getting his feet wet

Brent

Apologies to Stan and Tom, to whom I didn't say goodbye as I slinked off.
Thanks to Nick for his great photos.

We shall do it again.

1 comment:

Quero Ver Na Copa said...

Nice blog thanks forr posting