Thursday, September 07, 2006

Artist Gone to Philadelphia...



Alison and I are going to Philadelphia and will be back on Monday, Septmber 11. I'm bringing my pochade and will definitely be doing some plein air painting in my old stomping grounds. Ali and I lived in Philly for three years and I regard it as my favorite American city. I love it, miss it and I'm very excited to get back for a short vacation.

10 things I miss about Philly:
1) The Brandywine river museum (The Wyeth families museum)
2) Valley Forge
3) Tubing down the Delaware river
4) Kelly Drive, Boathouse rowe and the Schulkill river
5) The Philly Art Museum and Ben Franklin Parkway
6) Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and Thomas Eakins
7) First Friday Art walk
8) Water Ice
9) Mike Smerconish on the big talker WPHT 1210am
10)L'Angelos in South Philly, best Italian restaraunt on the planet

I'm just getting started, I didn't even mention Yingling Beer, Vietnam, City Tavern, Old City, the Blue Horizon or the Holt Cigar company...by-the-way, Pat and Ginos Cheese Steak is not on my list. I'd much rather have steamers and a beer at Monks.


Today I am posting a figure drawing I did at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts from 2001 when I was studying there. The art scene in Philadelphia is explosively inspiring, I'm looking forward to squeezing in way too much.

If the hotel has wifi I may post while away, if not I will post my Philly paintings when I return on Monday.

p.s. I finished the Rye Harbor Dinghy painitng and posted it very late, so please scroll down and have a look...lots of subtle colors in there.

All my best to you,
Todd

No comments: