Monday, April 17, 2006

"Flurries in April"


The first week of April we got a small dusting of snow one morning. The temps were supposed to be in the 60's by mid afternoon so I went out early to scout out some snowy landscapes, it was likely that it would be the last snow until late fall.

Alison called me on her way to work and told me there were miles of snow covered landscape on her route through small New Hampshire town of Newington.

This farm is about three miles from our home and made me stop as soon as I came upon it. That's the kind of subject matter that I think makes the best paintings...things that make you stop and wow. Landscape and nature seem to do that for me, I hope to get out more this spring and summer and be wowed.

"Flurries in April" (8x10) Oil on Masonite.

No comments: