Tuesday, February 06, 2007

"Thats Silly" Children's Magazine illustration (sketch)





I recently got another assignment from Highlights for Children Hi-Five magazine. This project is a two-page color spread called "Thats Silly". It's an image that challenges children to find silly and unusual things that are in the illustration. I loved this kind of thing as a kid and it's twice as fun to be illustrating something like this.

The art director sent me specific silly elements that she wanted included, the only thing I improvised was the cruise ship in the backround. As fun as this drawing was to do, it was very challenging to squeeze it all in and make it work as a composition. I havn't recieved feedback yet but I look forward to slapping some color on this as soon as I can.

You can click on any image to make it larger but I am including cropped close-ups anyway.

No comments: