Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ogunquit Summer School of Art (First class in new space!!)


Today was our first class in a new multi-purpose building we will be using for the season as our brick-and-mortar location for the Ogunquit Summer School of Art.  294 Shore rd. in Ogunquit.  It was the Shore Rd. Gallery for 42 years, ran by Elaine Stein.  I will use it to house two galleries this summer and also to host classes and art lectures.  The first floor space will be the new home of the Beth Ellis Gallery and the second floor will be used as a gallery for my larger paintings, a few other painters and art by deceased members of the Ogunquit Art Colony.  The space will maintain the old name of "Shore Rd. Gallery" with additional signage for Beth Ellis Gallery.  I will maintain my little gallery in Perkins Cove while Sharon Navigan (Beth's sister) will manage the space on Shore rd.

We officially get the keys on June 15, I hope to have an opening celebration and announcement sometime after that, that would be fun.  This pic was taken by Elaine Miller of our first class in the space.  Twelve students attended today, thats my mother lower left, she just won second prize for her oil in the Winthrop Art Associations annual juried event. 

Todays lecture was on value relationships, color as value and training our eyes to develop a sensitivity to truly seeing value shapes.

I'm standing with Dave Fleury, the owner of the building and a very generous man to allow us to have this class today, before we are officially moved in.  He has a super art spirit and is a painter in his own right.  It's energizing to be surrounded by good people, it leaves me with a very positive outlook for the coming season.
If you wish to join one of our classes or art workshops, go to our website: www.ogunquitartcolony.com
or call me to register at: (603) 819-9100
you can emil me too: tmbonita@gmail.com

No comments: