Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Merlin Project





This morning I discovered the AC Coin & Slot Company web sight and was thrilled to find not only images but videos of projects I worked on several years ago. I worked at AC Coin & Slot from 2000 to 2003 as a staff illustrator. In those three years I completed over a thousand drawings and paintings, including "The Merlin Project" for Carnival Cruise lines.

We worked with an anamatronics team from Canada (The same guys who developed many of Disneys anamatronic animals, including the talking birds from the Tiki Room amongst others). They turned my paintings of Merlin, Frogs, Dragons, Owls, Fairies and trees into three-dimensional, anamatronic sculptures, enabling them to speak and move. It was amazing to watch them come to life.

Today I am posting a few illustrations from the Merlin Project. I am also including a link to the AC Coin and Slot videos that showcase four of the assignments I helped design and illustrate. (Click on the AC Coin link under "LINKS" on the left hand side of this page. Then click on one of the four images to watch the animatronics video)

No comments: