Monday, April 16, 2007

Ball Player #3 (sketchbook)


He lives! Hi all, I haven't posted in a week, I've been busy being sleep deprived by Max. Actually, I've been putting a few hours in daily on my "Bow" painting and will likely post that progress tomorrow. Today I am posting a drawing I did today from my sketchbook, this is "Ball player #3". I love these nostalgic looking characters, there uniforms and there gestures that scream that turn-of-the-century genre. He looks like he should have one of those classic baseball names like "Spittin Bill" O'Sullivan or "Eddie "The Crab" Cochrane...

Feels good to put pencil to paper too.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Great sketch. The boys of summer are back!
Red Sox fan here ;)

Todd Bonita said...

Thanks Mary, The Sox look real good this year too, barring injury I think they can go all the way.

be good,
Todd