Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Key


I spent the morning in the studio and did a small oil painting of a key hanging off of a nail. I didn't post the under painting because I went right to finish with this one.

I'm using a new surface, linen canvas mounted on wood panel. I'm not sure I'm in love with them yet. Perhaps it's the awkwardness of switching from wood panels to this surface, I don't know yet, I'm going to do a few more paintings with them and figure it out.

One of the most significant differences is the visible weave of the linen on the finished surface. Compare it to Mondays post of the Mandarin orange which was painted on wood panel. It's a personal preference I guess, I'm just not sure which I prefer.

"Key" (6x4") Oil on linen canvas mounted on wood panel

(Click on image for a larger view)

No comments: