Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Book bag spot illustratiions


Still cranking out spot illustrations for Fridays deadline, here are a pair of book bag paintings I did last night.

These are pencil sketches that I scanned and painted in Photoshop using a Wacom tablet. The Wacom tablet is a digital miracle. It's a pressure sensative stylus (looks just like a pen) that I draw and paint on a 12"x12" tablet surface. It responds to the subtle pressure of my hand, I can bear down for a fatter line or gently caress the surface for a thinner, more expressive line, etc...

I still have to make an image with the same considerations I would using traditional mediums, it's just less messy and quicker to remedy mistakes. Instead of using turps to wipe out an oil painting error, I can "command>Z" and back up a step...blah, blah, blah...it's real fun, trust me.

I do love the balance of painting in oils some days and then working digital on other days.

No comments: