Monday, November 13, 2006

Folk Art Santa



A few friends I used to work with at the Foreside Company recently mentioned that Foreside had filed chapter 7. It's always sad to hear of a small company going bankrupt, an unfortunate sign-of-the-times for the smaller home decor operations. The good news is that the retail stores are still open for the time being and hopefully they can manage to hang on and slowly rebuild the empire that once was.

Before I left, I designed a line of Christmas items based on a bunch of "Folk art Santa" characters I illustrated. The line includes an entire set of dinnerware with plates, serving trays, mugs, bowls, chip-n-dip plate, a cool cookie plate with three dimensional figures on it, etc...It also includes a number of tree ornaments, table ornaments in various sizes and styles, metal ornaments, a large resin figure card holder and several other items.

I went to the Foreside retail outlet in Kittery, Maine last night and saw a limited number of these items and was told they expect there will be more available before Christmas at all of there retail stores.

Today, I am posting the original Folk Art Santa illustration and one of the resin figures that is currently available at Foreside. I'll post more of the dinnerware and other items when I get word of there availability.

No comments: